I was thinking the other day about what I have learned on my travels and from life and thought that I would write a blog post on a few and share them. I hope you enjoy them and put some of them to use as there are some gems that can help anyone improve!
1) Say yes more- Life brings about many more opportunities from saying yes.
2) Always remember peoples names
3) Treat others how you would like to be treated
4) Remember your please and thank yous…this will get you a long way.
5) Every time you meet someone new, pretend it is your long lost friend from 10 years ago.
6) Smile more- it costs nothing
7) Dress to impress
8) Floss your teeth
9) Take more photos and videos of everything you do
10) Never lose your temper, leaders are always in control.
11) Surprise friends and loved ones with gifts for no reason
12) Take responsibility for your actions
13) Pursue your dreams, nothing is impossible.
14) The world is a lot smaller than you think.
15) Always look for the positives in every situation
16) Remember to laugh more, a good sense of humour cures most things
17) Expect the best and that is what you normally will get
18) Travel- it broadens your mind more than anything else can
19) Get a mentor in different areas of life so you can learn from them.
20) Create a Bucketlist of things you want to experience before you die, and do them.
21) Follow what you want to do, not what society says you should do
22) Save at least 10% of every paycheck
23) Have goals and write them down so you are accountable to complete them
24) Only read the news headlines, it is all biased anyway
25) Watch Documentaries
26) Read personal development books
27) Take mini-retirements from life instead of waiting to do it when you ‘retire’…do it while you’re young and you still can.
28) Always live in top class places so you have an epic house to come home to
29) During a job interview, at the end when they ask do you have any questions?….ask “Do you have any reservations about not giving me this job?”
30) Life is about people and experiences, not material possessions
31) Feel the fear and do it anyway whatever it maybe.
32) Hug people more when seeing old friends or meeting someone new…everybody loves a hug
33) Go through and donate all the stuff you do not use at least once a year
34) Don’t take your health for granted, you never know when it might get taken away
35) Let people know how you feel about them, life is to short
36) Think big thoughts, relish small pleasures
37) Learn how to read a financial report and manage money
38) Compliment at least 3 people every day
39) Exercise is key to a healthy mind, body and soul
40) Wear a great watch, belt and shoes
41) Tell close ones what you want to happen at your funeral in case anything happens
42) Learn to listen better, opportunity knocks softly sometimes
43) Learn a second language (Spanish or Chinese)
44) Stop watching mindless T.V. and get outside and enjoy the moment
45) Strive for excellence not perfection
46) What other people think of you is none of your business
47) Avoid negative people
48) Be original and different
49) Have good posture, enter a room with purpose and confidence, it gets you many places.
50) Do something kind for strangers and expect nothing in return
51) Show respect for all living things
52) Relax-nothing is as important as it seems
53) Commit yourself to self-improvement
54) Don’t have any regrets, learn from the bad and move on
55) Don’t major in minor things
56) Keep good company and your promises
57) Drink more water.
58) Hire people smarter than you
59) Be modest, a lot was accomplished before you were born
60) Enjoy more sunsets, sunrises and looking at the stars
61) Don’t whinge (complain for the Americans out there)
62) Overnight success usually take about 10 years
63) Have a vision board of the life you want to have
64) Negotiate everything, everything is negotiable
65) Under promise, over deliver
66) Learn to say no when appropriate
67) Success is the ability to lead the lifestyle you want whenever you want with the people who you love and care for.
68) Take 20minute power naps
69) Don’t say you don’t have enough time or are busy, you have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Thomas Edison
70) Don’t delay on an idea, take action NOW
71) “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
72) Be decisive even if it means sometimes you will be wrong
73) Be grateful every day for everything you have
74) Wash your hands more often
75) Attitude is everything, take charge of yours and don’t let someone else choose it for you
76) Begin each day with your favorite music
77) Get your priorities straight
78) Sleep when your dead, get up 30minutes earlier for 1 year and you add seven and one half days to your life
79) Call your family more
80) Read a book a week and you will be 52 books smarter than your friends in one year alone.
81) Eat 30grams of protein upon waking up
82) Work to live, not live to work
83) There are many more ways to earn money than we are taught at school with the 9-5 routine
84) Go big or go home
85) Find you passion and follow it