Marketing and promoting products is imperative to success in any business. In the 21st century, where people live in the world of the internet, have access to any information at the tip of their fingers, want to send and receive information instantly – Social Media serves as an effective marketing tool. Infact, it has now become essential for business houses to make their presence in the web world. Social media marketing has manifold benefits that are highly impactful if used strategically in any business, whether it’s small or big, established or growing, local or global.
Various Social Media tools such as blogs, articles, forums, micro blogging, websites, etc. are most common. Social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LiveJournal, MySpace, MyLife, Linkedln have been listed as some of the most visited sites. The main idea is to stay visible on the internet consistently. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), the process that affects the visibility of a website or a web page on the search results is most important for a business owner to maximize his business prospects. Ensuring SEO is essential to increase business prospects. This makes content development most important. Mere presence on the web or having a website is never enough. You need to develop your content so that it has appropriate keywords or terms to attract targeted audience.
What are the advantages of social media marketing?
1) The greatest advantage of social media marketing is its cost effectiveness. It enables you to attract a large mass of customers at a time with none or minimal investments. All you need to ensure is content development so that you attract maximum traffic and stabilize your web presence and popularity.
2) SEO provides high quality business leads, making it popular among B2B marketers. According to a popular survey, 57% of B2B marketers have experienced huge impact on their lead generation target with SEO. Research by HubSpot indicates that:
- SEO leads have a higher close rate compared to referrals, paid leads or, social media or outbound leads.
- SEO leads and direct traffic leads have a 15% close rate.
- Referrals have a 9% close rate
- The remaining two have a close rate of 4% and 2% respectively.
3) Instant communication between client and supplier makes it possible to ensure customer satisfaction that is most important for any business. Using software that help to analyze your performance or compare your performance with competitors through statistical data enables you to survive the competition by devising strategies for improvement.
5) It’s also possible to capture popular customer trends or preferences. This way you can remodel you business plan to meet market demands.
Communication allows a strong relation of trust between the buyer and the seller so that business continues and attracts more customers following the goodwill that has been created.
Large corporate houses as well as small businesses are becoming increasingly involved in social media as a business activity. Using the tools creatively and keeping customers engaged through your presence on the web world can be an important step in promoting your business product, sales and services in a world where change is constant and where customers, ranging from individual buyers to small business owners or larger corporate structures, are becoming increasingly inclined towards the internet for information and purchase.